1929: Poinsettia Cupcakes
Take a peek into the recipe archives with this festive cupcake recipe. Your holiday party goers will so enjoy the adorable decorating and nod to the 1920s.
If you're tired of creating the same old cupcakes season after season, we highly recommend trying this adorable recipe on for size! Read on to see the entire recipe or click the button below to jump to the 1929 BH&G issue.
Poinsettia Cupcake Recipe:
What You'll Need:
1 box of standard white cake mix
1 can of white icing
1 jar maraschino cherries
1 package of sweetened coconut shavings
Sugared lemon candies or yellow candy of choice
- Bake your favorite standard white cake mix according to box instructions.
- Once cupcakes are completely cooled, generously cover with white icing.
- Roll each cupcake in coconut shavings until fully covered.
- Drain maraschino cherries and gently pat dry with paper towel. Carefully slice cherries into eighths.
- On each cupcake, arrange six cherry slices to resemble the shape of a Poinsettia flower.
- In the center of each cupcake, gently press your sugared lemon candies or candy of choice into your cupcake.