1952: St. Nick's Cookies
With Christmas just around the corner, try this tasty recipe on for size! St. Nick's Cookies are a crowd favorite that won't disappoint this holiday season.
Mr. Claus will certainly enjoy eating cookies named for him! This Christmas Eve, craft these easy and so-snackable cookies for Santa's stop at your home. Read on to see the entire recipe or click the button below to jump to 1952 BH&G issue.
St. Nick's Cookie Recipe:
What You'll Need:
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups enriched flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter to soften. Add sugar and thoroughly cream butter and sugar together.
- Add vanilla to creamed butter and sugar mixture.
- Sift flour and salt together. Stir into creamed mixture.
- Add chopped nuts.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Scoop dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set (not brown) at 400 degrees.
- Immediately remove from baking sheet and roll in colored sugar.